me babs~20~edinburgh medicine~

links igor clem nic chuiling zhiyun xun

your say


archives September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006

where I roam ebay
victoria's secret
eenec
miss selfridge
blogskins


blog hits

Friday, May 26, 2006
OSCE disaster

hello all.. so Ive finaly finished my exams.. and im a free woman. hahaha

buddeennnn yesterday my osces were a partial disaster. haha. well you see, we had 7 stations, 2 tests per station of 5.5 min each, with 2 rest stations. man, my heart was pumping so hard as all of us stood infront of the doors waiting for the whistle to blow. ( it was held in a GP practice btw) so the whistle went, and I entered the room. There was a patient there with the examiner, the examiner confirmed my name and told me to read the sheet of instructions. so I did... NOT.

well, I read the first bit. So kancheong that i didnt read the second bit for some bizarreihavenoideawhy reason. It was about this guy who's brother just suffered a heart attack, and he was concerned that he may have high blood pressure..etc. SO for some crazy reason, I started taking the patients history?!?!?!?!?! mmm so like 1 min through I thought to myself " this is jsut not right, the patient does not have a presenting complaint, argh. So i glance at the sheet again, and go AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I was supposed to be taking his blood pressure.

OMG.. so i apologised profusely to the examiner who just told me to get on with it. haha AND DEN i realised that my diaphragm ( the part of the stethescope which you would normally used ) was turned off! ( I actually did make sure it was turned on before I went into the room.. but who knows, we've already established i do bizarre things) so as I released the pressure from the cuff, i couldnt hear a damn thing.

yay. So I just relied on the tics the needle (medics u know what i mean) made to make an agar agar measurement.. and gave the meaasurement. hahaa

that was just ONE station. but the rest were recently quite decent. - well compared to the first station larh. you get the picture.

SIGH. oh well... nevermind, first time.. I will get better... and i will be a good doctor when i graduate. I promise all of you.

my family's coming tomorrow!! yay! =@) so ill be mia for the next week or so den will be bk in singapore!

=@))

babs ♥ 9:48 am link to post 0 comments